Address matching involves locating a point based on a user-specified address. Use the Locate Address tool to perform address matching. The Locate Address tool is only available if the geocoding properties of a
geocodable layer were set during map authoring.
- Click Locate Address on the toolbar.
- The Locate Address panel appears below the map display area.
- Click the Layer dropdown arrow and click a layer.
- Type an address in the Street text box.
- The address consists of the street number, name, and type.
- Type information into as many of the other text boxes as you can.
- If you type a street name into the CrossStreet text box, do not include a street number in the address you type into the Street text box.
- Click Locate.
- Address matches are listed in the bottom panel. Addresses with higher scores are better matches.
- Click the number corresponding to an address to zoom to it on the map.